Friday, November 13, 2009

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque


How sexy is this photo of me? I'm pretty sure i am the last person on the face of the earth that had never tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. For years I have heard about this mask. Seen numerous reviews on Make Up Alley, youtube, blogs, etc. I have always wanted to try it but it just seemed like i never actually bought it to try. Well the other day i was at Walgreen's and i decided to pick it up and see what it was all about.

On the package it claims to reduce pores, wash away blackheads and dry out acne. Now I don't have bad skin, it's by no means perfect. I really wasn't impressed with the product. OK the smell alone made me want to eat it. I love spearmint gum and to me that exactly what it smells like.

If you haven't used this before you apply it to a clean face and let it dry for about 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water. I didn't notice really any different to my skin after using it. My nose is my trouble area for blackheads and they weren't washed away. Maybe that's just me being hopeful that it could actually hold up to that claim. I can dream right?

It did however leave my skin feeling like it have been exfoliated. My face felt very smooth and clean afterward. I am not going to give up after one use and I will keep using the product to see if I notice a difference in my skin.

No comments: