Thursday, July 9, 2009

Why is it so hard to find a great mascara?

You would think with all the technology in the world they could develop the perfect mascara formula already. I have tried quite a few mascaras in my time and i have yet to really find my HG mascara. Even the ones i love could always be better, none of them are perfect. Maybe i'm just asking for to much.

LOVE:

Cover Girl Lash Blast

Diorshow in Blackout

Benefit BAD gal Lash


LIKE:

Stila Major Lash

Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express

NYX Doll Eye

HATE:

Maybelline Lash Stiletto

MAC Prep+Prime Lash

L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen

Maybelline Define a Lash

I usually try drug store brands cause I'm not willing to shell out the money on high end mascaras when I'll usually not like it. However I've been wanting to try Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes and YSL Faux Clis.

5 comments:

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

The only high end I ever bought was Diorshow and I hated it. I am a fan of L'Oreal Voluminous and Rimmel Sexy Curves.

Naomi said...

Lash Stiletto is a pretty good mascara when it is used to layer underneath a volumizing mascara; at least that's that way that I was wearing it.

I've tried the Benefit Bad Gal lash in the blue but I mainly used it to frost the tips of my lashes. One of a favourite mascaras is High Impact from Clinique, other than that I wear, Lash Blast, Voluminous,and Volume Express.

dare2byourself.blogspot.com

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) said...

I wanna try the ysl one too! I feel like most times im happier with drugstore ones I use dior show and I like it. But I feel like it gets dried out to fast and then doesnt work as good.

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

Just for tips: I usually layer a volumizing mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous curved brush) over a lengthening mascara (Maybelline Lash Stiletto/Lancome Deficils)

Good luck!

Becky said...

Oh im the same it takes soooo long to find a great mascara, and most the time there great for a week or 2 and then im back to hating them again, Id love to get the cover girl lash blast one but im in ireland and cant purchase it :( going to try some of the other ones u love
http://bebiv.blogspot.com/